Sunday, April 3, 2011

Don't Take My Word For It



Dave Ramsey has got some great words of advice for incoming college students and even graduating students. He has been offering advice on personal finance for over twenty years, and has got some good insight into the world of money. His life has been filled with financial ups and downs, so he’s learned a lot over the years. 


Something that I particularly like about what he said is that we simply don’t have to go into debt to finish college. It is a strange mindset to have, but many people automatically assume that they need to take out a loan in order to graduate from college. It’s not true as long as you work through your education. Americans needs to get out of this debtor mentality and live within their means. You should probably wait for that paycheck before getting that sweet ride. However, I have heard that in recent years (probably due to the recession) Americans have actually begun to save at a positive rate. Before just a couple years ago the US had a negative savings rate! This really upset me, but I can't say that I was very surprised when I heard the news. But anyway, it seems like people have been learning from their mistakes... maybe after they listened to Dave Ramsey.



No comments:

Post a Comment