Monday, March 28, 2011

Orientation Day


This blog has been created to give college students or future college students a leg up on their financial situation as they plan for the next four years of their life. It’s here to tell you that there is a way to get through it without debt! So I bet you’re thinking, “Yeah right! A college education is expensive”… and I’ve got news for you. That is absolutely true. But, there are ways that you can fund your bills, cut your costs, and get good grades in the process. Stay with me and I’ll share my experiences in college and how I got through free of debt. I’ll go over everything from how to get scholarships, housing situations, part time work, government grants, grades, and even having fun on a budget.


I’m not going to give advice about something that I don’t know anything about, so obviously I’ll talk about what I’ve learned through my own college experiences. I’m here more to tell you how to avoid resorting to student loans, than to guide you through the payment of those loans. This is because I never had to take out a loan to graduate.


In all fairness, I have not graduated yet, as I’m still working toward my bachelor’s. That being said, all I have left is twelve credits and then its graduation baby! So unless some catastrophic disaster occurs within the next three months, I will emerge debt free with a bachelor’s degree. So I’ll share what has worked for me and what has been difficult with regard to my finances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment